YAY, summer has arrived and the countdown to your annual summer holiday is quickly approaching. However, you’re not sure how you feel yet. Stressed? Excited? Nervous?
It is completely natural to have mixed emotions before you venture off on your vacation. But don’t worry, we got you covered, we have created a detailed checklist for you, so it’s time to relax, tick off when its purchased and packed and get ready to just enjoy yourself. #BLISS!
First thing is first, you need to make sure you got all these items. Without these you’re not going aboard, if your holidaying in the UK then passport and flight ticket isn’t needed. To be safe check you got these, check again and again until the morning you go away.
- Passport (with at least 6 months validity)
- Foreign currency (Some countries currency takes longer to order than others, if you’re traveling somewhere other than where you need Euros we recommend ordering AT LEAST 2 weeks before your travel date)
- EHIC card
- Flight ticket/boarding pass (Whether these are printed off or on your phone, make sure you have them safe)
- Hotel booking details
- Travel insurance documents
- Suitcase (wether its a weekend bag or a large case, something to put your clothes into is vital)
Beauty & Toiletries
Toiletries are vital for every holiday. If you’re traveling with a friend, partner or family member and sharing a room with them, suggest going half on toiletries. This will save money, luggage space and weight. Win Win!
- Shower gel
- Sun tan lotion- various factors
- Wet wipes (We like to take Misfit Cosmetics Wake Up Wipes)
- After Sun Lotion
- Lip balm and Lip Scrub (Give Me’s Lip Fix is our Go To)
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Hangover Sheet Mask
- Hairbrush, hair bands, hair grips
- Sanitary towels/tampons (If needed but we always take a spare or 2 just encase)
- Contact lenses & solution (if needed)
- Insect repellent & anti-histamine cream
- Makeup Kit
- Argon Oil & Coconut Oil Hair Mask (perfect for lazy days around the pool to help get your hair in perfect condition due to sun damage)
- False eyelashes and Give Me’s Eyelash applicator
Clothes & Shoes
We do it ourselves, over pack every time we go away. But who knows you might go off an outfit overnight, spill something over your white dress. The possibilities are endless, but please bear in mind you will have a luggage weight allowance, usually around 15/20kg. Packing 9 pairs of shoes for a 7-day holiday is never necessary, trust us.
- Day dresses (kaftans, beach coverups, shorts)
- Night outfits (dresses, playsuits, shorts, blouses etc)
- Light jacket/cardigan (we would travel in this to save packing, plus it can get a little chilly on the aeroplane)
- Underwear (including strapless bra and a thong or 2)
- Flip flops/sandals
- Pyjamas (if you’re going to a hot destination then short P. J’s always do the job)
- Beach towel
- A pair of heels/wedges- only if needed, if you’re traveling somewhere with cobbles, we would save your ankles and keep to flats
Unless you are going for a detox away from all technology on your hols (which sometimes can be good) You're going to want to pack these Electrical Tools.
- Straighteners/ Hair Curlers
- Phone charger
- Selfie stick
- Various Travel adapters
Extra Bits 'n' Bobs
These accessories will come in handy throughout your entire holiday so don’t forget:
- Beach bag (big enough for towel, water and sun cream)
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses (we always pack at least 2 pairs, you always need more than one)
- Day/evening bag
- Money Purse (if traveling with a group, doing a money kitty is always ideal)
- U Ok Hun Sleep Mask (perfect for the aeroplane, and the hotel room to block out the sun and get some fab sleep)
- The Chill Out Mask (If you are fancying a chilled night in the hotel or around the pool. Get your Chill Out Sheet Mask on and relax)
Other Important Stuff
It's better to be more safe than sorry right?
- Sterling currency (An airport shop and breakfast is always on our to do list)
- Country Tax (this is sometimes requested at hotels per night for the duration of the stay, you might be best to check it out with your hotel before arrival)
- Vaccination documentation
- Airport Transfer documentation
So whether your going on a short 2 day break or a long 2 week holiday, we hope this list helps you pack everything needed and reduces the stress from your holiday packing. In all honesty, arranging our holiday bits excites us. We suggest putting on some music, open a bottle of prosecco and enjoy the packing, as soon enough you will be going on your holidays. YAY!