Back to the Gym Skincare Routine
It’s official, the gyms are open, I repeat. THE GYMS ARE OPEN!
No more makeshift home gyms or garden workouts, our classes are returning, and the equipment is finally available!
Before we all rush to the nearest circuit training class; social distancing is still applied and it is important to take care of yourself when venturing to your nearest gym. Not only thinking about safety against COVID-19 but also your self-care. After 4/5 months of not attending, we may have forgotten that the gym can play havoc with our skin and can be the leading cause of acne/ oily skin.
Here at Give Me, we have comprised a selection of Pre/Post-workout skin-care routines to ensure that your skin is also protected when working out at the gym.
Remove all make-up and wash your face with a cleanser - Wearing makeup to the gym can build up a combination of sweat & oils on the surface of the skin which can clog pores and lead to acne.
- Clean the exercise equipment – When exercising in a public gym, be mindful of any equipment you touch. As well as COVID-19 precautions which will be in place for your safety, exercise machines and equipment are a breeding ground for bacteria and can be easily transferred from person to person. This is not only deadly during this pandemic, but it can also contribute to acne. Avoid touching your face when using the equipment and always wipe it down with an antibacterial wipe or spray after use.
Post Workout Tips
- Avoid wiping sweat from your face with your hands – this will encourage bacteria & dirt to enter the pores.
- Take a clean gym towel with you and gently pat dry your face & neck dry – any rubbing or ragging with the towel can drag & pull the skin.
Drink plenty of water – It may seem self-explanatory but keeping yourself hydrated can help to also hydrate the skin and repair cell damage.
- It is important to get out your sweaty clothing ASAP – leaving it too long can lead to clogged pores & body acne.
- Wash your face as soon as you can - Use a milky cleanser to thoroughly cleanse the pores from any dirt collection.
- Finish with a Hydration Mask – Sweat can cause the skin to dehydrate & dry up. By using a hydration mask containing Hyaluronic Acid, the serum works to lock in up to 7 times more moisture.
Let’s get back to feeling & looking our best. Bye-Bye to the Lockdown Look!